Margie Moss – Artist – Impressionistic Colorist – Joplin MO
As an impressionistic colorist, I choose to suggest reality rather than render it. Bold, exaggerated colors are my forte. When I’m painting en plein air, capturing the light in time and space, my energetic brushstrokes often intensify the emotion I feel while putting the oil to canvas. Inspiration arrives quickly from God’s beauty… so when one sees my finished painting, I hope they feel the pleasure I felt creating it.
– Margie Moss
Exhibitions & Awards
- 2022 Merit Award Spiva Center for the Arts Membership Show | Cornell Art Complex | Joplin, MO
- 2022 3RD PLACE Joplin Regional Artists Coalition Show | Art Central | Carthage, MO
- 2022 Merit Award Thomas Hart Benton Show | Neosho, MO
- 2019 4th Place Maple Leaf Plein Air Show | Carthage, MO
- 2019 Honorable Mention | Spiva Membership Show | Joplin, MO
- 2019 3rd Place | Joplin Regional Artists Coalition Show | Art Central | Carthage, MO
- 2018 “Moss After Monet” Show | Crabby’s | Joplin, MO
- 2018 Award of Excellence | Heart of America Show | | Fayetteville, AR
- Splash | A Two-Person Show | Carriage Factory | Newton, KS | May 2017
- Spiva Art Center Membership Show | Joplin MO | November 11, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- 90th Birthday Celebration of Route 66 | Joplin City Hall | Joplin MO | November 11, 2016
- Maple Leaf Plein Air Show | 3rd Place Award | Cherry’s | Carthage, MO
- “ArtBabble”, a Show of 6 Artist’s Works | Jorge Leyva’s Studio | Joplin, MO | September 2016
All paintings are originals painted in oils by Margie Moss. Different impressionist styles, colors, and variations of size. Options for custom pieces available!
Giclees are museum quality reproductions of the original artwork printed on canvas. They can be made into almost any variation of sizing, and custom for you.