As an impressionistic colorist, I choose to suggest reality rather than render it. Bold, exaggerated colors are my forte. When I’m painting en plein air, capturing the light in time and space, my energetic brushstrokes often intensify the emotion I feel while putting the oil to canvas. Inspiration arrives quickly from God’s beauty… so when one sees my finished painting, I hope they feel the pleasure I felt creating it.
Exhibitions & Awards…
- Splash | A Two-Person Show | Carriage Factory | Newton, KS | May 2017
- Spiva Art Center Membership Show | Joplin MO | November 11, 2016 – December 31, 2016
- 90th Birthday Celebration of Route 66 | Joplin City Hall | Joplin MO | November 11, 2016
- Maple Leaf Plein Air Show | 3rd Place Award | Cherry’s | Carthage, MO
- “ArtBabble”, a Show of 6 Artist’s Works | Jorge Leyva’s Studio | Joplin, MO | September 2016